Two types of events:
Regular Weekly Schedule
Questions? No worries, just come play any day and see how it goes.
Many players attend both CLUB and OPEN – they’re fun and competitive!
Look for the nets with an orange stripe on top.
Ask for Mission Bay Meetup, Neal, Mike, Joel, Claudia ...
We play Pick-Up games
CLUB DAY (Sunday and Wednesday)
OPEN DAYS (Tuesday and Thursday)
There’s always a good turnout, weather permitting.
Participants play at their own risk. Volleyball is a multi-player movement-intensive athletic sport and is potentially dangerous. Club provides no insurance.
Mission Bay, San Diego, California 92109, United States
CLUB DAYS are on SUNDAY and WEDNESDAY
• Club Days have solid intermediate skills. Good ball control, serve, pass, set, hit, ability to keep a warm-up bump-passing drill going nonstop, movement all directions, hustle defense.
• Club Days are for Club members, and guests from Meetup who wish to try-out for Club membership, by letting us watch you play. See if our Club is a good fit for you.
• Low annual dues. Managed by the Mission Bay Volleyball Association. Nets have an orange stripe on top. We have holidays events and run tournaments too. More than 50 Club members, own 5 nets and a tri-net, going 15+ years.
OPEN DAYS are on TUESDAY and THURSDAY
• Open Days have basic skills, and novices pursuing improvement are welcome. Good place to develop grass skills.
• Open Days skills are basic ball control, bump-passing, setting and serving.
• Free. Managed by Neal White.
RSVP. You might see only a few RSVP's. The count doesn't mean anything. We're an established club, many years, and members rarely RSVP. We use Meetup to promote the club and share our calendar, not to estimate attendance. Weather permitting, there's always a good turnout.
FEES. Come out and play and try us out. For Tue/Thu, it's always free. For Sun/Wed, if your skill-level is a good fit, and you like the Club, we'll invite you to join and collect your dues.
MAKING TEAMS. If you have visited other groups, you may have seen stacked teams and uneven games. We strive to make balanced teams to keep play competitive and high-scoring. We're not make-your-own-and-challenge-on. We play with who shows up, from 2's to 6's, or odd teams like 4x5.
SKILL LEVEL. No beginners. Intermediate level. If you're not ready for our level, or you're above our level, we can refer you to groups that might suit you better.
RULES. Similar to indoor. Center-set, 2nd touch is the setter's. Serve receive open-hand passing allowed if it travels forward. Too-spinny hand-sets are called. Net serves allowed. No body/net contact.
SATURDAY. Many members also play Saturday at this Meetup.
LIABILITY. Participants play at their own risk. Volleyball is a multi-player movement-intensive athletic sport and is potentially dangerous. Club provides no health insurance. Players should know the risks and think twice about playing if they do not have health insurance coverage. Everyone please PLAY SAFE and communicate with each other.
Thanks for visiting!
Have you opened a new location, redesigned your shop, or added a new product or service? Don't keep it to yourself, let folks know.
Customers have questions, you have answers. Display the most frequently asked questions, so everybody benefits.