There’s an alternative to beach & indoor – play competitive volleyball on grass all year long. Try it!
Two types of events:
1. Club Days are for experienced players with intermediate skills.
2. Open Days are for basic-skilled and higher.
R E G U L A R W E E K L Y S C H E D U L E
SUN: 4pm to dark – CLUB DAY
TUE: 4pm to dark – OPEN DAY
WED: 4pm to dark – CLUB DAY
THU: 4pm to dark – OPEN DAY
Questions? No worries, just come play any day and see how it goes.
Many players attend both CLUB and OPEN – they’re fun and competitive! Look for the nets with an orange stripe on top. Ask for Mission Bay Meetup, Neal, Gary, Mike, Joel, Claudia…
* We form balanced teams. It’s not make-your-own-and-challenge-on.
* We play with who shows up, including TWO’S, THREE’s, FOUR’S, FIVE’S, SIX’S.
* We call ball handling faults, like throws, double-contacts, too-much-spin sets.
* Center-set. Nets serves OK. Open-Hand OK.
CLUB DAYS are on SUNDAY and WEDNESDAY
– Skills: consistent ball control, serve, pass, set, hit, nonstop clean bump-passing drill.
– Tournaments, holiday events, BBQ’s, potlucks.
– If you’re just visiting San Diego, come play free.
– If you live here, come play and see if you want to be a member in the Mission Bay Volleyball Club.
OPEN DAYS are on TUESDAY and THURSDAY
– Skills: basic ball control, bump-passing, setting and serving.
– Novices pursuing improvement are welcome, come develop your grass game.
– You may get tips, feedback, on things like hitting and shifting.
– Always Free. Run by Neal.
There’s always a good turnout, weather permitting.
Participants play at their own risk. Volleyball is a multi-player movement-intensive athletic sport and is potentially dangerous. Club provides no insurance.
Mission Bay, San Diego, California 92109, United States