Two types of events:
1. Club Days are for experienced players, solid intermediate skills required.
2. Open Days are for basic-skilled and higher. It’s open to a wider range of skill levels.
R E G U L A R W E E K L Y S C H E D U L E
SUN: 3pm to dark – CLUB DAY
TUE: 3pm to dark – OPEN DAY
WED: 3pm to dark – CLUB DAY
THU: 3pm to dark – OPEN DAY
If you’re not sure how to rank yourself, or have questions, come on an Open Day and see how it goes. The best way to find out is to come play.
Many players attend both CLUB and OPEN – they’re fun and competitive! Look for the nets with an orange stripe on top. Ask for Mission Bay Meetup, Neal, Gary, Mike, Joel, Claudia…
How do we play:
* We try to form balanced teams. It’s not make-your-own-and-challenge-on.
* We play with who shows up, including TWO’S, THREE’s, FOUR’S, FIVE’S, SIX’S.
* We call ball handling faults, like throws, double-contacts, too-much-spin sets.
* Center-set. Nets serves OK. Open-Hand OK.
CLUB DAYS are on SUNDAY and WEDNESDAY
– Skills: consistent ball control, serve, pass, set, hit, nonstop clean bump-passing drill.
– Tournaments, holiday events. Play every week all year long.
– Free to try out. Pay low annual club dues to join. Ask for details.
– We are the Mission Bay Volleyball Club. See if our Club is a good fit for you.
OPEN DAYS are on TUESDAY and THURSDAY
– Skills: basic ball control, bump-passing, setting and serving.
– Novices pursuing improvement are welcome, come develop your grass game.
– You may get tips, feedback, on things like hitting and shifting.
– Always Free. Run by Neal.
There’s always a good turnout, weather permitting.
Participants play at their own risk. Volleyball is a multi-player movement-intensive athletic sport and is potentially dangerous. Club provides no insurance.
- Take Clairemont Drive to Mission Bay Drive. Turn right (North) onto Mission Bay Drive. Continue until you reach last 2 parking lots, across from the fences of the golf course driving range. Plenty of parking. Near the sand volleyball courts, playground, and restrooms.
3000 N Mission Bay Dr, San Diego, CA 92109
Google search for 32.798411, -117.213734
- Members get club voting rights on things like rules changes and officer elections. Members get a discount on tournament signup fees. Members receive notices about holiday play days and other special events. Dues go toward buying new nets / balls / lines / hammers / bags, maintaining equipment, tournament sponsorship, website renewals, and other expenses that benefit members. To ask to join, talk to a board member.